Monday, September 12, 2016

"Stay Crazy" - Erica L. Satifka

“Stay Crazy”
Erica L. Satifka

“Stay Crazy” by Erica L. Satifka is a roller-coaster novel with a wonderfully additive main character, Em. Em is a schizophrenic teenage girl who doesn’t care about anyone, or so she thinks. She’s a spunky character who’s easy to fall in love with, quirks and all.

After a stay in a care facility, she’s back at home and working to get better. Despite her cynical outlook on life and people, she somehow finds a way to work through everything she’s been through. Her stay at home begins with long, drawn-out vegetative sessions on the couch watching boring tv. Her mother, with best intentions, finally drags her to the Savertown USA, a one-stop box store, and begs the manger to give Em a job. From here on out, the story gets interesting.

“Stay Crazy” was an easy read for me, but I really enjoyed it. I found the plot line, inter-dimensional beings and all, to be quite creative. The characters were unique and easily defined. The only downside to this novel that I found was that the “end battle” was not as climatic as I anticipated it would be.


All-in-all, I really do recommend this book to anyone looking for a light and entertaining read. I think the author has a good spunkiness to her that I hope to see in more novels from her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment