Wednesday, December 26, 2012

"Forbidden" - Ted Dekker and Tosca Lee


Ted Dekker and Tosca Lee, "Forbidden".

I am currently reading "Forbidden" by Ted Dekker and Tosca Lee. I am particularly fond of Ted Dekker and have really enjoyed his books in the past. I stumbled upon this book by accident in Fred Meyer one day. The cover interested me, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

I'm on chapter 12 out of 48 chapters, and so far it has managed to keep my attention. The world created in this book is set in a different type of government than we see today. The people are no longer able to experience the vast range of emotions like we do now. A serum was created that blocks all emotions except one, fear. There is no more love, passion, or sadness. Love is no longer a feeling, but a statement saying that I will stay by you because that is what I am supposed to do.

The main character, Rom, is quite the spirited man. The explanation of his father's death seemed peculiar to him, which resulted in a nagging feeling that there is more to living than the government says. After a destiny-driven encounter with an old man on the run sheds light on why his father died, Rom is sent on a journey that will change not only his life, but the life of his childhood friend, Avra, as well.

The style of writing in this book keeps you caught in attention. Some part of the book almost feel like you're running along with Rom and Avra, desperately trying to keep your life and your new found knowledge a secret.

I am exited to finish this book and let you know my overall opinion of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment