Sunday, January 13, 2013

"The Secret History" - Part 2

I am half way through "The Secret History" and have decided not to finish this book. I have had a hard time keeping up with the plot line. The story has too many "filler" words. Everything is described in detail, making it hard for me to concentrate on what is happening in the story and the importance of certain events. I have not been able to relate to any of the characters on a personal level, and have not been able to imagine a visual to what is going on in the book.
Overall, I would give it a five out of ten. It has the makings for a good plot, but I just couldn't stay focused with the over use of detail in every little event. My personal opinion is that it's a great book if you are one for constant use of detail. For me, I think mass use of details are good every once and awhile, but an entire book with major use of detail is a little too much for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment